Create family table feature using creo parametric
Create family table feature using creo parametric. Introduction of Family Table in Creo / Pro-E
Family table is a feature which Creo offers for
- Create parts which are similar or near to similar in overall geometrical shape but only some of or all of its sizes are varying in certain ranges.
- Family table allows us to generate model only of one part as Parent/Generic Part and then just generate family table for its Children/Instance parts till unlimited nth number of times which largely reduce our work hours and efforts.
- We can use it for creating many varieties of any no. of fasteners, bolts, nuts, allen screws, bushes, punches, dies, ejector pins, guide pillars, guide bushes, die base, mold base and many more..
Note about this Tutorial
- In this Creo tutorial you will learn how to create family table for a simple cylindrical jig bush.
- It is recommended that you practice the following instructions using the part with simple geometry (simple cylindrical jig bush) and then apply Family Tables to more complex parts.
- We have focused only in feature option for Column List of items of family table in this tutorial.
- For Column list of items, Creo family table has other options also which are Dimension, parameter, merge part, group etc.
- All of Column List of items of family table can be used for assembly also.
- It is based on feature option of Family table and can be used for Part’s multiple features you want or do not want in your instance Parts of your Family table.
Open Creo> Set working directory
Create New Part file > Models tab > Revolve > one blind Extrude on Collar as shown in below image
Now Click on Tool tab > click on Family table which we created for Bush Part in Previous tutorial
Now one click on add column for adding feature variable option to your instance.
It will display below window. In that next
– Step (1) Change Add item from dimension to feature.
– Step (2) Click on Extrude feature in Model display area.
-Step (3) then Click on Done.
After doing selection of as many features you want to add as variable to your instances.
– Then click on Ok
You can see Extrude feature added in variable Items as shown in below image.
– It will show family table with added Column of Extrude feature.
Then click on Cell of any one of instances which will show a Combo box showing “Y” , “N” and “*”.
– Option 1 If you Select “Y” , that feature will be available in your Instance.
– Option 2 If you Select “N” , that feature will not be available in your instance.
– Option 3 Default is “*” which will take value from your Generic/Parent Part.
– For understanding, Now click on “N” for first instance in which we do not want that feature.
– Now click on “Y” for second instance in which we want that feature.
– Step (1) Now click on Verify Instances.
It will show Unverified for Verification process not done as shown in below image.
-Step (2) Click on Verify.
After Click on Verify.
It will show Verification process success as shown in below image.
– Step (1) Click on any of the cell in the first instance row.
– Step (2) Click on Preview.
It will show our instance preview without Extrude feature in which
we have selected “N” as shown in below image.
– Click on any of the cell in the second instance row.
– Click on Preview.
It will show our instance preview with Extrude feature in which
we have selected “Y” as shown in below image.
You have just completed how to create Family table in Creo parametric 1.0
Thanks for reading.