Create family table with parameter option in Creo Parametric 1.0
Create family table with parameter option in Creo Parametric 1.0. In this Creo tutorial you will learn how to create family table with Parameter option for a simple cylindrical jig bush.
Note about this Tutorial
- In this Creo tutorial you will learn how to create family table with Parameter option for a simple cylindrical jig bush.
- It is recommended that you practice the following instructions using the part with simple geometry (simple cylindrical jig bush) and then apply Family Tables to more complex parts.
- We have focused only in Parameter option for Column List of items of family table in this tutorial.
- For Column list of items, Creo family table has other options also which are Dimension, feature, merge part, group etc.
- All of Column List of items of family table can be used for assembly also.
- It is based on Parameter option of Family table and these Parameters can be used further for Part’s GD&T drawings in which you want to add Part Description, Material, Hardness, Part weight, Quantity required in assembly, any other remarks and more..
Open Creo> Set working directory
Create New Part file > Models tab > Revolve
Create/Define internal sketch
(here for example draw a sketch of simple cylindrical bush as shown in image) in Revolve Command
one blind Extrude on Collar as shown in below image
Now, we will first add Parameters for the Part. Then only we can use it in Family table.
Parameters mean information of part which is required when we go for manufacturing of Part.
e.g. Part Description, Material, Hardness, Part weight, Quantity required in assembly, any other remarks.
Tools tab > Click on Parameters as shown in image
In displayed window you’ll find some default Parameters as shown in below image.
Click on + to add a new parameter as shown in image.
And edit its name for example as Hardness.
Then in the Second Column we have selection of
Parameter type selection among
Integer (e.g. 1, 2, 3…),
Real number (e.g. 0.05, 2.54…),
String (combination of numbers and words e.g. 01 nos, 40 HRC),
Yes No (e.g. parameter applicable to instance as yes or no)
For example Hardness value type is String.
Then in next column enter Value as 40~45 HRC
Click again on + to add a new parameter
And edit its parameter name for example as Quantity.
For example Quantity value type is Integer.
Select Integer and edit value as 5 in next column
Click again on + to add a new parameter and edit its name for example as Side hole Select Yes No
Now edit value as No, for example as default it is not applicable
for majority of the instances.
Now click on Add column
Now below window will be displayed.
In that window, Change Add item from Dimension to Parameter as shown in image
Now (1) Click on parameter name
then (2) Click on Insert selected as shown in image
Repeat above steps for as many Parameters you want to add to the Family table and then click on close
Now Below window will be displayed.
You can see the selected parameters are added as columns’ list of items as shown in below image.
After Clicking on OK, below window will be displayed.
In that you can see all selected parameters as Columns, now you can edit values for Material, Hardness, Quantity, Side-hole applicable or not which will be applied to all instances available in Family table.
Now edit the values in columns of family table as per your requirements.
We have entered some random values for understanding purpose and edited all cell values as applicable as shown in image.
Now (1) Click Verify instances for verification of cell values we entered.
In the next displayed window it will show unverified as shown in below image. (2) then Click on Verify
After Click on verify the instance and it will show success as shown in image.
You have just completed the how to add
Parameter to Family Table.
You have just completed how to create Family table in Creo Parametric 1.0